Learn new Parenting tools to have a positive relationship with your child and act as therapeutic agents with your own children.
- Do you feel helpless needing more parenting tools to parent your child?
- Do you feel like everything is an argument with your child?
- Do you find yourself shouting at your child more often than laughing with your child?
- Do you feel you have lost touch with your child… don’t feel as close as you’d like?
- Do you feel frustrated and find yourself saying the same things over and over, with no results?
- Would you like for your relationship with your child to go back to the “way it used to be”?
If you have answered yes to these questions, and your child is under the age of 10, then C-P-R Parent Mentoring could be for you – helping you to learn skills that will make a difference in your life and the life of your child.
What is C-P-R-T?
CPRT – Child Parent Relationship Training is a model of filial therapy founded upon the child-centered play therapy philosophy. It is an evidence-based parent-training intervention for treating children experiencing a wide range of social, emotional, and behavioral difficulties. When children have problems, they don’t use words to express their emotions. Children use play as a natural medium of expression to communicate their feelings that they don’t understand or can’t express any other way. Child Centered Play therapy has been shown to be an effective intervention with children for a variety of behavioral and emotional difficulties. In this training motivated parents are coached to be effective as play therapists using play therapy skills with their own children.
How CPRT Parent Mentoring Works
Child-Parent-Relationship (C-P-R) Mentoring Classes is conducted weekly with 1 hour group sessions per week, for 10 weeks.
What you will I Learn?
Some of the things you will learn include:
- How to regain control as a parent
- How to Communicate more effectively with your child
- How to help your child open up to you
- How to Help your child develop self-control
- Therapeutic limit setting – how to effectively discipline & limit inappropriate behavior
- How to understand your child’s emotional needs
- How to build your child’s self-esteem
- How to foster creativity, self-control, and self-responsibility
About the Program
- Weekly sessions for 1 hour for 10 weeksth, 2- 3pm
- Individual parent coaching sessions can be arranged as well
5440 SW Westgate Dr # 210
Portland, Oregon 97221