Would you like your child to have better patience and understanding of their emotions?
Yoga & Movement: Practicing Patience would be an incredible first-step towards helping your child feel more of a connection between the way they feel and they way they act.
Classes are interactive, individualized to each student’s needs, enjoyable, expressive, and designed to equip your child with new skills and techniques that can be practiced and used any time, even with siblings and friends or in school.
About Practicing Patience Classes
These specially designed and practical classes incorporate a variety of proven techniques for helping students understand patience and waiting. Students will be learning how to experience patience and waiting in a positive and personalized way. We will practice yoga asanas, mindful movement, and enriching individual + group activities. The class is designed to accommodate any student and promote healthy interactions and self-thought.
- Mindfulnesswill allow for being aware of the body and how it responds to different thoughts
- Meditation and Controlled Movementsallow us to authentically experience stillness
- Hatha Yoga allows us to explore ways to move our bodies that keep us grounded and feeling flexible and expressive
- Fine Motor Movements and Tapping are excellent ways to relieve anxiety and make waiting more enjoyable, even in public
- Individual and Group Activities such as drawing, goal-setting, verbal affirmations, and guided thinking make each class different
Classes are led by Christine Crites. Christine is a Licensed Yoga and Movement Instructor, as well as a Licensed Professional Teacher and independent educator. Christine is trained in yoga, dance, multicultural movements and expression, art, and social sciences.
About the Program
- Ages 3-6: Mondays, 9:30am – 10:30am
- Ages 7-12: Wednesdays, 10:00am – 11:00am
- Ages 12-16: Mondays, 11:00am – 12:00pm
A payment of $75 for 4 weeks, or $140 for 8 weeks. A deposit of $30 is required to secure your place and balance to be paid at the first class. You may make payment in full at the time of booking if you prefer.
Please email Christine Crites at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (630) 418-2290. Limited spaces available.