I’m a mental health professional trained in Child and Family Psychotherapy and also a qualified physician in Ayurvedic Medicine. I maintain a private practice, Mind Tree to help women, children and families in the Portland and Hillsboro area. I have over 7years of experience, as a clinical psychotherapist and Ayurvedic physician, both in inpatient and outpatient settings treating women and children. My specialization includes, treatment of children with behavioral/emotional struggles, women suffering from trauma, depression and anxiety related issues and families with relational conflicts. At Mind Tree, each individual is treated at a holistic level, by integrating the healing of both mind and body. Besides counseling, my holistic practice includes Ayurvedic consultation, Yoga and Mindfulness meditation for children and adults.
I graduated from George Fox University with a Masters in Marriage, couples and family Counseling psychology program and hold bachelors in Ayurvedic medicine from Dr. MGR Medical University, India. In addition, I’m certified as Imagination Yoga instructor for children and a Prepare and Enrich facilitator, helping couples with parenting struggles.
I strongly believe in a collaborative, strength based approach to therapy. My role is to draw out an individual’s unique inner strength and foster optimum physical, emotional and mental health. I listen and respond to each person in a non -judgmental, compassionate way, so that each person feels safe, develops trust and be heard. I help individuals and families develop new skills, strengthen relationships, and explore fresh solutions based on their values and belief system.
With children, I routinely use child centered play therapy, where a child’s play is used as a natural medium for expression of feelings, learn social skills, and learn effective problem solving skills to cope with their difficulties. I have been trained in different treatment modalities and specialize in Attachment therapy, Child centered play therapy, Art therapy, Mindfulness based stress reduction, CBT and Family Systems therapy.
Credentials, Certificates and Memberships
- Master of Arts (MA) in Marriage, Couples and Family Counseling psychology, George Fox University, Oregon
- Masters of science (M.Sc) in Clinical Counseling Psychology from University of Madras, India
- Bachelors of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS), Dr.MGR Medical University, India
- Certified Imagination yoga teacher in Calmness, Kindness and Concentration curriculum for children 3 -12yrs
- Incredible years parenting trainer for Babies, Toddlers and Pre- teens
- Prepare and Enrich Facilitator – A couple enrichment program
- American Marriage and Family therapy association
- American Play therapy association
- Grand Master/Trainer/ Healer in Newlife Reiki and Chakra healing from Indian Reiki Foundation (affiliated with International Institute of Reiki, London, UK)
Personally, I live in Beaverton with my husband for 15 years and my two children. Aside from counseling, I enjoy gardening, cooking, traveling to new places, spending time with my family, and dancing with my daughters.
MindTree Holistic Counseling & Wellness Center LLC
5440 SW Westgate Dr # 210
Portland, Oregon 97221