Children’s Reiki is a natural, safe, and gentle healing treatment. Children are naturally so pure that they easily take the energy healing with joy and excitement, they easily absorb the energy quickly as they have far less blockages than adults do. As children enter into the world, they are opened up to a lot of different feelings, emotions, and situations that they are learning to navigate and can be easily overwhelmed by. This is particularly true for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder. A Reiki healing may easily shift out any disharmony in the body that happens from uncomfortable or confusing situations and feelings.
Children’s Reiki Benefits:
- Creates a deep relaxation and a sense of peace
- Improves sleep and reduces stress
- Relieves symptoms of acute and chronic pain, and various other health conditions
- Balances the mind and emotions
- Accelerates the body’s self-healing abilities (immune system)
- Improves mental clarity, enhance learning and memory
- Nurtures the healing process of mental/emotional wounds and helps work through maladaptive patterned responses
- Helps alleviate mood swings, fear, frustration and even anger
- Relieves emotional distress, sorrow and the grieving process
- Strengthens and heals personal relationships, as it enhances your empathy and capability to love, thus fostering openness, deeper connection and growth in your relationships
- Enhances spiritual connection and growth
Children’s Reiki session time length is different based on each child and their individual needs. Children’s Reiki sessions are $75. Also available: Reiki classes for children and their families so that you may learn how to utilize the healing energy of Reiki in your every day life.
IMPORTANT- Before booking Reiki sessions for your child/ young adult, two important items need to be considered:
The Reiki healing will only take place if the child is happy to accept it. Therefore, the practitioner will need to discuss Reiki with the child and make sure they are willing to accept the treatment. If they are not yet able to speak then the parent can give consent for them.
All children under 16 need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian during treatment. At no time are they to be left alone with a Reiki Practitioner. This complies with Reiki Federation Guideline and protects both the child and the Reiki Practitioner. Consent for a healing session is needed by both parent/guardian and child.
A parent or a guardian may be present during the first treatment of any young adult aged over 16. It reassures both parent and young adult, enabling a bond to be built upon between yourself and your child. This allows you both the opportunity to see exactly what a treatment entails.
Allison Batty-Capps, MA, MFT is a marriage and family therapist and Reiki practitioner. She received her Master’s of Arts in Counseling Psychology specializing in Marriage and Family Therapy from Pacifica Graduate Institute. She received her Reiki Usui/Holy Fire II and Master certification with The International Center for Reiki Training.