Clinical Director/ Founder
Licensed Individual (Women), Child & Family Counselor & Play Therapist
Certified Ayurvedic Practitioner
Reiki Healer/ Grand Master
Harini Sukumaran is the founder and clinical Director of MindTree, a holistic counseling & wellness Center. As a holistic practitioner, she has been in licensed in mental Health, Reiki energy healing, yoga and alternative Medicine (Certified Ayurvedic practitioner)field for over 10 years. Harini believes in a holistic approach to healing and saw the need for a clinic that focuses exclusively on Mind and Body healing around the Portland metro area; she founded MindTree.
She is passionate about helping children of all ages ( 3+ yrs) with anxiety/ fears, depression, trauma and educating parents on parenting strategies customized to their age and needs. She helps children to become less stressed by giving them and their parents tools, support and encouragement. As a Mind – body centered holistic psychotherapist, she integrates psychology, mindfulness, yoga, play therapy and art therapy when treating children. With children, Harini routinely uses child centered play therapy, where a child’s play is used as a natural medium for expression of feelings, learn social skills, and learn effective problem solving skills to cope with their difficulties. Her specialization also includes helping women suffering from , anxiety, trauma, PTSD, depression, postpartum depression and anxiety. With women, she implements different psycho therapeutic treatment modalities including but not limited to Mindfulness based stress reduction, positive Psychology, attachment therapy, Mother infant therapy, Art therapy, Cognitive behavior therapy. Harini’s passion for holistic treatment of Mind and Body motivated her to create MindTree, a Holistic Counseling & Wellness Center to help women, children and families in Portland, OR.
Harini’s unique qualification in Counseling, Ayurveda and Energy healing medicine helps her to treat clients holistically, addressing the physical, emotional and spiritual needs. Harini has over 10+ years of experience treating women and children in both inpatient and outpatient settings; her specialization includes, treatment of children with behavioral/emotional struggles, women suffering from trauma, depression, anxiety and Postpartum anxiety & depression.
Harini strongly believes in a collaborative, holistic, strength based approach to therapy. She draws out an individual’s unique inner strength and foster optimum physical, emotional and mental health. She listens and responds to each person in a non -judgmental, compassionate way, so that each person feels safe, develops trust and be heard. Harini also helps individuals and families develop new skills, strengthen relationships, and explore fresh solutions based on their values and belief system.
- Graduated from George Fox University with a Masters in Marriage, couples and family Counseling psychology
- Bachelors in Ayurvedic medicine from Dr. MGR Medical University, India.
- Certified Imagination Yoga instructor for children
- Prepare and Enrich facilitator for couples with parenting struggles.
- 2020 Mom Postpartum Support International Maternal Mental Health Certificate training in Perinatal and Postpartum Mental Health Disorders
- Circle of Security – Parent Facilitator
- Incredible Years Parenting Educator – Raising Babies and Toddlers.
Credentials & Certificates
- Master of Arts (MA) in Marriage, Couples and Family Counseling Psychology, George Fox University, Oregon
- Masters of science (M.Sc) in Clinical Counseling Psychology from University of Madras, India
- Maternal Mental Health Certificate Training ( Pregnancy and Postpartum mood disorders) from Mom 2020 Postpartum support International
- Incredible years parenting Educator for Babies, Toddlers and Pre- teens
- Prepare and Enrich Facilitator – A couple enrichment program helping couples with parenting struggles
- Bachelors of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS), Dr.MGR Medical University, India
- Certified Imagination yoga teacher in Calmness, Kindness and Concentration curriculum for children 3 -12yrs
- Grand Master/Trainer/Healer in Reiki and Chakra healing, International Institute of Reiki
- Professional Member in American Marriage and Family Therapy Association
- Professional Member in American Play therapy association
- Professional Member in Postpartum International organization and Mom 2020 specializing with Perinatal and Postpartum Mental Health Disorders
Harini lives in Portland with her husband and two children. Aside from counseling and wellness practice, she enjoy gardening, cooking, traveling to new places, spending time with her family, and dancing with her daughters.
Holistic Counseling – Individual (Women), Children and Family
Intake Assessment 90 mins – $250 (Initial Consultation)
Counseling session 50 mins – $165
Counseling session 90 mins – $200
Initial Consultation 90 mins – $250
Follow up sessions 30 mins – $70
Reiki Energy Healing for Children & Women
50 mins – $150
Children’s Yoga & Mindfulness class (Private – Virtual and In-office)
45 mins – $135
Harini is a Out of Network provider and can help you for possible reimbursement from your insurance provider. Necessary documentation (Counseling only) will be provided to submit your sessions to your insurance companies. While you will need to initially pay your full fee upfront, most insurance companies will reimburse you for the amount covered for an Out of Network provider. Please check your insurance company for benefits as each company may vary.
Please check your out of network coverage carefully by asking the following questions to your insurance company:
· Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
· What is the coverage amount per session?
· How many sessions are covered?
· Do my benefits cover sessions with an Out of Network Provider?
We understand that counseling can be a big financial commitment. However, investing in yourself or your child’s emotional well -being can be an invaluable investment. Addressing problems now can prevent it from growing bigger in the future. A safe, compassionate environment is provided during sessions to help you cope with day to day challenges and change unhealthy patterns of behavior.
Harini offers a sliding scale fee for those who are unable to afford services. Spaces are subject to availability.
Why would I not want to use my Insurance for therapy?
Using insurance benefits is like having a third person in the room with us during sessions. The insurance company will have the right to request access to your file at any time, to limit the number of sessions you can attend, and will require that we assign you a mental health diagnosis in order to cover your services.
The clinician must provide a mental disorder diagnosis in order for the insurance provider to reimburse for the appointment. If you do not already have a mental health diagnosis, we prefer not to assign one, as that has no effect on our work together and a diagnosis is not necessary to receive therapy.
In the event you are to ever need to change insurance or seek private, personal insurance (for example, if you become self-employed), the information regarding the mental disorder will be permanently on file,potentially causing insurance rates to be significantly higher.
Consider the potential benefits and risks of using your insurance coverage and if it is worth it to waive your right to complete confidentiality.
Payment is expected in full at the time of each session. Cash, personal checks, credit cards, Flexible accounts and Health savings accounts (HSA) are accepted.
A 24 hour notice is required for cancellations. If you miss an appointment or cancel with less than a 24 hour notice, this is time that could be spent with another client; therefore, it is necessary to charge a full fee. Please be aware that most insurance companies will not reimburse your missed appointment fee.
My Counseling & Wellness Services
MindTree Holistic Counseling & Wellness Center LLC
5440 SW Westgate Dr # 210
Portland, Oregon 97221