NewLife Reik Healer/Trainer
NewLife Reik Healer/Trainer
Harini Sukumaran is the Owner and Executive Director of MindTree Holistic Counseling & Wellness Center. She has been in Mental Health practice and Alternative Medical side over 10 years and saw the desperate need for Private office based clinics that focuses exclusively on Mind and Body healing, around the Portland metro area. Harini believes in and lives a holistic approach to healing both in her professional practice and personal life.
Background: Harini’s unique qualification in Counseling, Ayurveda and Energy healing medicine helps her to treat clients holistically, addressing the physical, emotional and spiritual needs. Harini has over 10+ years of experience treating women and children in both inpatient and outpatient settings; her specialization includes, treatment of children with behavioral/emotional struggles, women suffering from trauma, depression, anxiety and Pregnancy/Postpartum mood disorders.
Approach: Harini strongly believes in a collaborative, holistic, strength based approach to therapy. She draws out an individual’s unique inner strength and foster optimum physical, emotional and mental health. She listens and responds to each person in a non -judgmental, compassionate way, so that each person feels safe, develops trust and be heard. Harini also helps individuals and families develop new skills, strengthen relationships, and explore fresh solutions based on their values and belief system.
With children, Harini routinely uses child centered play therapy, where a child’s play is used as a natural medium for expression of feelings, learn social skills, and learn effective problem solving skills to cope with their difficulties. With Women & Families, Harini implements different psychotherapeutic treatment modalities including but not limited to Attachment therapy, Mother Infant Therapy, Art therapy, Mindfulness based stress reduction, Cognitive behavior therapy and Family Systems therapy.
Please note, due to ethical reasons, if you choose to receive New Life Reiki Energy healing (Reiki) or Ayurvedic Life Style Coaching I cannot provide you with therapy services. However, if you feel you would like therapy at the same time or thereafter, I can refer you to a mental health practitioner.
- Graduated from George Fox University with a Masters in Marriage, couples and family Counseling psychology
- Bachelors in Ayurvedic medicine from Dr. MGR Medical University, India.
- Certified Imagination Yoga instructor for children
- Prepare and Enrich facilitator for couples with parenting struggles.
Credentials & Certificates
- Master of Arts (MA) in Marriage, Couples and Family Counseling Psychology, George Fox University, Oregon
- Masters of science (M.Sc) in Clinical Counseling Psychology from University of Madras, India
- Maternal Mental Health Certificate Training ( Pregnancy and Postpartum mood disorders) from Mom 2020 Postpartum support International
- Incredible years parenting Educator for Babies, Toddlers and Pre- teens
- Prepare and Enrich Facilitator – A couple enrichment program helping couples with parenting struggles
- Bachelors of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS), Dr.MGR Medical University, India
- Certified Imagination yoga teacher in Calmness, Kindness and Concentration curriculum for children 3 -12yrs
- Grand Master/Trainer/Healer in New-Life Reiki and Chakra healing, International Institute of Reiki
- Professional Member in American Marriage and Family Therapy Association
- Professional Member in American Play therapy association
- Professional Member in Postpartum International organization and Mom 2020 specializing with Perinatal and Postpartum Mental Health Disorders
Harini lives in Portland with her husband and two children. Aside from counseling and wellness practice, she enjoy gardening, cooking, traveling to new places, spending time with her family, and dancing with her daughters.
Individual/ Family/ Child Counseling
$150 for 90 minutes Initial Intake Assessment (required)
$ 95 for 60 minutes per session
$120 for 90 minutes per session
Ayurvedic Lifestyle Coaching
$150 for 90 minutes Initial Case Assessment (required)
$ 60 for 30 minutes per session for follow up sessions
Yoga and Mindfulness for Children
$95 for 50 minutes per session – Yoga & Mindfulness private instruction
New Life Reiki Energy Healing
$125 for 50 minutes per session
$90 for 50 minutes per session when combined with other services
Harini Sukumaran, BAMS, MA, MFT
Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist Intern #4290
Clinical Supervisors: Tracy LeBlanc, LICSW, CMHS, RPT-S & Susan Butler, LPC & LMFT