NewLife Reik Healer/Trainer
Child & Family Psychotherapist
NewLife Reiki Healer/Grand Master
Approach: Harini strongly believes in a collaborative, holistic, strength based approach to therapy. She draws out an individual’s unique inner strength and foster optimum physical, emotional and mental health. She listens and responds to each person in a non -judgmental, compassionate way, so that each person feels safe, develops trust and be heard. Harini also helps individuals and families develop new skills, strengthen relationships, and explore fresh solutions based on their values and belief system.
With children, Harini routinely uses child centered play therapy, where a child’s play is used as a natural medium for expression of feelings, learn social skills, and learn effective problem solving skills to cope with their difficulties. With Women & Families, Harini implements different psychotherapeutic treatment modalities including but not limited to Attachment therapy, Mother Infant Therapy, Art therapy, Mindfulness based stress reduction, Cognitive behavior therapy and Family Systems therapy.
- Graduated from George Fox University with a Masters in Marriage, couples and family Counseling psychology
- Bachelors in Ayurvedic medicine from Dr. MGR Medical University, India.
- Certified Imagination Yoga instructor for children
- Prepare and Enrich facilitator for couples with parenting struggles.
Credentials & Certificates
- Master of Arts (MA) in Marriage, Couples and Family Counseling Psychology, George Fox University, Oregon
- Masters of science (M.Sc) in Clinical Counseling Psychology from University of Madras, India
- Maternal Mental Health Certificate Training ( Pregnancy and Postpartum mood disorders) from Mom 2020 Postpartum support International
- Incredible years parenting Educator for Babies, Toddlers and Pre- teens
- Prepare and Enrich Facilitator – A couple enrichment program helping couples with parenting struggles
- Bachelors of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS), Dr.MGR Medical University, India
- Certified Imagination yoga teacher in Calmness, Kindness and Concentration curriculum for children 3 -12yrs
- Grand Master/Trainer/Healer in New-Life Reiki and Chakra healing, International Institute of Reiki
- Professional Member in American Marriage and Family Therapy Association
- Professional Member in American Play therapy association
- Professional Member in Postpartum International organization and Mom 2020 specializing with Perinatal and Postpartum Mental Health Disorders
Harini lives in Portland with her husband and two children. Aside from counseling and wellness practice, she enjoy gardening, cooking, traveling to new places, spending time with her family, and dancing with her daughters.
Individual/ Family/ Child Counseling
$200 for 90 minutes Initial Intake Assessment (required)
$120 for 60 minutes per session
$150 for 90 minutes per session
Ayurvedic Nutrition Consultation & Lifestyle Coaching
$200 for 90 minutes Initial Case Assessment (required)
$110 for 50 minutes per session for follow up sessions
Yoga and Mindfulness for Children
$95 for 50 minutes per session – Yoga & Mindfulness private instruction
New Life Reiki Energy Healing
$125 for 50 minutes per session
$90 for 50 minutes per session when combined with other services
Harini is considered as an Out of Network provider and can help you for possible reimbursement from your insurance provider. Harini will not bill insurance directly (A billing statement is provided) since confidentiality and individualized treatments are of great importance to most people who are seeing Harini. You or your child’s treatment plan is tailored and customized by us and not by an insurance company. Necessary documentation (Counseling only) will be provided to submit your sessions to your insurance companies.
Please check your out of network coverage carefully by asking the following questions to your insurance company:
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- What is the coverage amount per session?
- How many sessions are covered?
- Do my benefits cover sessions with an Out of Network Provider?
We understand that counseling can be a big financial commitment. However, investing in yourself or your child’s emotional well -being can be an invaluable investment. Addressing problems now can prevent it from growing bigger in the future. A safe, compassionate environment is provided during sessions to help you cope with day to day challenges and change unhealthy patterns of behavior.
Harini Sukumaran, BAMS, MA, MFT
Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist Intern #4290
Clinical Supervisors: Tracy LeBlanc, LICSW, CMHS, RPT-S & Susan Butler, LPC & LMFT